Linux Engineer @Amolf
Linux Engineer @Amolf Science Park
Amolf conducts fundamental scientific research and is funded by the government and a number of large Internationals. It employs approximately 240 researchers and 80 support staff. Amolf works closely with ARCNL, Nikhef and SURFnet, among others. Amolf has a modern and challenging IT infrastructure. The ARCNL conducts scientific research for the semi-conductor market for many private companies like for instance ASML.
Amolf has around 320 employees; 240 researchers and 80 office staff. The IT department counts 9 people.
Profile vacancy Linux Engineer
As a Linux Engineer you will work together with a another colleague Linux Engineer, and you are responsible for the Linux systems and infrastructure for ongoing research projects as well as for a small number of tasks within the Linux environment for office automation.
You will be responsible for
• the daily management (approximately 30%)
• executing projects together with your colleague Linux Engineer for the implementation of a new Linux architecture for modernization and improved support for fundamental research
It concerns a fun and varied position within a unique and academic company where you get a lot of freedom to initiate activities and projects in the field of Linux infrastructure.
Technologies used at Amolf are:
• Debian and Ubuntu
• FreeIPA, NFS, DRBD and Puppet
• OpenHC and Warewulf
• Nagios and LibreNMS
You will report to the IT Manager, Cees van de Ven.
The ideal Linux Engineer
• Bachelor work- and thinking level
• Medior/Senior Linux knowledge level
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure and networking
• Good knowledge of VMware
• Good knowledge of storage and back-up
- Max € 63.000 depending on level of seniority
- Partly due to the nature of the scientific company Amolf, an above-average budget is available for training opportunities.
As the exclusive partner of Amolf, ICT Career takes care of the recruitment and selection for this vacancy Linux Engineer Amsterdam Science Park. The procedure will consist of a video call with ICT Career and two interviews with / at Amolf. Any employment will be directly with Amolf.
Reference number vacancy Linux Engineer Amsterdam
read by blogs about Systeembeheerder